Monday, April 20, 2015

Book Spine Poetry

"Have you heard of book spine poetry?"

"You have?"

"When?"

"Like twenty years ago Tim."

This won't be the first or last time I arrive late to the party. Heck, most of the time I miss the party completely. No matter. Today I had a blast playing with book spine poetry. Thanks Loyola Marymount University Library for raising my awareness to this beautiful and absolutely merry literary activity.


My own work:


Bright Maps,
In Plain View,
Forever Now.




A Country for All,
Justice for All,
Only Words. 






















A Long Way Gone,
The Boy Next Door,
Run for the Border.

Unbroken,
Unbowed,
The Human Condition.



For those of you wishing to use #bookspinepoetry in the classroom (or for yourself) I found a few resources:
PBS Adventures in Learning
Poetry 4 Kids
#bookspinepoetry
Pinterest Board


No comments:

Post a Comment