Thursday, September 10, 2015

Learning Target: I can change the world




I am in a new home, a new city, a new state, a new job, and a new school. There are many other things I can add to the list. It seems like just about everything is new these days.

Change can be hard. It is easy to get frustrated. I am used to things a certain way. I want to step in and immediately be in the flow. I want to be comfortable. I want to make an impact.

Breathe.

Be patient.

Breathe.

Be patient.

Last week, I missed a meeting, filled out the wrong form, and was late to a grad school class. It would be pretty easy to focus on all that stuff. Then again, in the midst of last week’s craziness, I walked into eighth period. During eighth period, I co-teach an experimental class with a phenomenal colleague. I looked up to see the world’s best learning target on the board.

It’s like she knew what I needed.

Breathe.

Be patient.

Be present and enjoy the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment