- Design and invent the school of your dreams
- How can schools prepare students to be innovators and inventors?
- Remix a popular product to make it easier for children to use
- What major themes hold true through the lives of history's most amazing inventors?
- Design and build a sustainable school (or classroom) garden?
- What are the promises and pitfalls or urban (or community) gardens?
- How can the class support local farming and agriculture?
- Should babies grow up in gender neutral rooms?
- Re-imagine the school cafeteria to be a positive space at school
- Should companies (or schools) pay more attention to the design of their buildings?
- Create a local guide to the area's most interestingly decorated building
Autism Awareness Month
- Create an informational campaign educating the public on commonly held misconceptions regarding Autism
- How has scientific understanding of Autism changed over time?
- Educate your community about local and national resources regarding Autism
Financial Literacy Month
- What does is mean to be financially literate for a young person?
- Whose job is it to make sure people are financially prepared?
- How can we use our knowledge of math to benefit us financially?
- What are the biggest financial myths affecting people today?
Specific Days in April
April 5: One Day Without Shoes Day
- Are TOMS shoes helping or hurting the economies it aims to serve?
- What is the history of the shoe?
- How does footwear reflect culture?
April 11: Cheese Fondue Day
- How does cheese get to the fondue restaurant?
- How is cheese made today?
- Create a popup fondue restaurant
- Why do some foods melt better than others?
April 19: Bicycle Day
- What makes a 'good' bicycle?
- How can we make our town more bicycle friendly?
- Plan a 'bike to school' day
April 24: Teach Your Children to Save Day
- What are factors preventing an average family from saving money?
- Are there more important things to save other than money?
- When has saving money led to catastrophic events?
- Investigate what resource is most precious to your community and design a plan to save it
April 27: Tell a Story Day
- Tell your story
- How has storytelling changed and stayed the same over time?
- Whose voices are not heard enough in media today?
- Create a plan to improve literacy in your community
- Organize a 'story day' at your school