Inspired by Kyle Pace’s list, I want to offer my own. Write a response and share your ideas.
In education, we need to stop pretending that:
- Students cannot be trusted to contribute their own voice and choice to their education and schooling.
- Education technology, without an emphasis on pedagogy, is a panacea for all that ails education.
- Competition is good for learners.
- Structural issues like oppression and poverty do not affect school systems.
- Education fits nice and tidy into traditional subjects.
If you enjoyed this post it would mean the world to me if you pressed the recommend button below and wrote a response. Thank you!